Regular Board Meeting
5:00 P.M. Closed Session
6:00 P.M. Open Session
Location: Via teleconference (Zoom Webinar)
In alignment with AB 361, the Board of Education will host its scheduled meeting on December 14, 2021 virtually for members of the public:
– To watch Open Session in real time via Zoom webinar, please register at: https://conejousd-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_v-AOlvAzRrKVW3TlueURaA
– To watch via the internet live stream, please visit: http://www.conejousd.org/Board-of-Education/Board-Meeting-Videos-Watch-Live (slight delay)
– The meeting can also be watched via regular broadcast on television (slight delay)
Members of the public may speak on an agenda item or during the Public Comments portion of the Board meeting on an item that is not listed on the agenda through the following options:
– On Closed Session agenda items via Zoom Webinar: https://conejousd-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_RU2dSIAZTuWMSEYEtUmk6A (in real time) – Please note that Closed Session requires a separate registration from the Open Session portion, as it is a separate webinar. Attendees can request to provide public comments during Closed Session, but will be removed from the remainder of Closed Session meeting after the public comments session has ended.
– On Open Session agenda items via Zoom Webinar: https://conejousd-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_v-AOlvAzRrKVW3TlueURaA (in real time)
Zoom Webinar participation instructions: After you register, you will receive an email with the teleconference meeting link. To request to speak on an agenda item or during the Public Comments portion of the agenda in real time, you must be signed into the teleconference and use the “Raise Hand” function when the Board reaches the agenda item that you would like to address. To use the “Raise Hand” function, attendees must click on the Raise Hand icon. When it is your turn to speak, you will be notified to unmute yourself, during which time you will have three (3) minutes to speak. During your speaking time, your profile name will be displayed for all attendees. After the three (3) minute speaking allotment, you will be placed back into a muted status but will still remain as a teleconference attendee during Open Session.
– Via telephone (at the time the Board reaches the agenda item):
If you would like to speak on an agenda item or during Public Comments, please advise the District by submitting your request to speak via email to email@example.com (please indicate the agenda number in the subject line) or by calling the Superintendent’s Office at (805) 497-9511, extension 1101, by no later than 3:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting (Tuesday, December 14, 2021). Speakers will be asked to provide a phone number where they can be reached to address the Board when their item is being discussed during the Board Meeting.
When speaking (Zoom Webinar or telephone), you are participating in an official meeting of the District’s Governing Board. Disruptive individuals will be disconnected.
Please present your comments in a factual, respectful, and dignified manner that models how we expect our children to participate in the democratic process. Know that your comments may be heard by students who are present in this room or students who may watch the broadcast of this meeting.
Pursuant to the Brown Act, the Board cannot enter into a formal discussion nor can a decision be made in regard to public comments. The Board may provide a reference to staff or other resources of information, request staff to report back at a subsequent meeting, or direct staff to place an item on a future agenda.
Public comments will be limited to three minutes. On those occasions where there is an unusually large number of requests to speak, the President of the Board may make the decision to decrease the time for individual speakers and/or the total time.
– Written Comment:
You may also participate in the meeting by submitting your written comment on a topic in lieu of providing a public comment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate the agenda number in the subject line). To give the District adequate time to provide your comments to the Board of Education, please submit your comments prior to 3:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting (Tuesday, December 14, 2021). Board members will review these written comments prior to the Board meeting.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you need special assistance to participate in the Board of Education meeting, please contact the District at (805) 497-9511, extension 1101, within 48 hours of the meeting.
Please be advised that communications directed to the Board of Education are public records and are subject to disclosure pursuant to the California Public Records Act and Brown Act unless exempt from disclosure under the applicable law. Communications will NOT be edited for redactions; will be printed/posted as submitted.