Send in Public Comment TODAY to LAUSD NO JAB MANDATE
Los Angeles Unified School District Board of Education to discuss delaying the COVID-19 vaccination requirement, send in your public comment today! Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) announced today that their Board
Los Angeles Unified School District Board of Education to discuss delaying the COVID-19 vaccination requirement, send in your public comment today!
Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) announced today that their Board of Education will be considering delaying transferring students not in compliance with the vaccination requirement to online independent study instruction until the Fall 2022 semester, during a special session meeting at 2pm on Tuesday, December 14, 2021, read the full press release here. A Voice for Choice Advocacy immediately sent the LAUSD Board Members a letter asking the Board Members to support Agenda Item #8 on legal, scientific and religious/conscious grounds.
Now we need your voice! Submit your public comment for Agenda Item #8by 5pm on Monday December 13, 2021. You can either submit your public comment via email to all Board Members at firstname.lastname@example.org or via A Voice for Choice Advocacy’s portal here.
Talking Points: You do not need to use all of the talking points below. Be sure to personalize them, to your situation and put them in your own words. If your child is a student in LAUSD, be sure to also include that. And most importantly, be professional.
- Per California law, LAUSD CANNOT require the COVID-19 vaccine, unless either 1) the legislature passes a law that states it is required for school or 2) the California Department of Public Health puts out regulations stating such, neither of which have happened to date.
- The city of Angels is overwhelmed, struggling with accommodating current students. It cannot handle the over 34,000 students who are not currently vaccinated.
- Forced online learning and/or independent study is not equal to in-person education, either academically or social-emotionally.
- The requirement violates LAUSD’s Non-Discrimination policy for those not getting the vaccine for religious, disability/medical, and/or genetic reasons.
- The risk of hospitalization or death from COVID-19 among children is extremely low.
- In-person learning does not increase community COVID-19 hospitalization rates.
Be sure to send it before 5pm on Monday December 13, 2021.
Thank you for your time and your urgent advocacy. Please share this email with five of your friends. Together we can make this change!
Stand for Health Freedom & A Voice For Choice Advocacy
(Monday) 2:09 pm - 2:09 pm